Monday, February 25, 2013

My favourite oscar looks of all-time

Another year, another Oscar ceremony finished... and I have to say that this years Oscar fashion were a bit meh!  I don't think that there were many WOW! moments for me like other years!

A lot of people loved Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Couture, but for me it felt a little short on the bodice and felt a centimetre away from a wardrobe malfunction!  I don't know but it somehow felt very bridal to me...  In saying that, her hair, make-up and jewellery was amazing!


Jennifer Lawrence in Christian Dior Couture


My favourites for this year...


Amy Adams in a lavender/grey creation
from Oscar De La Renta

Kerry Washington opted for this beautiful Miu Miu gown


I didn't mind the Prada dress Anne Hathaway
wore at the ceremony but I preferred this Saint Laurent
for the after party

I thought I would go back to my favourite Oscar fashion moments to show you the WOW! factor that this year was   lacking...

Okay, I am still squealing with delight at the awesomeness that Gwyneth Paltrow wore at last years Oscars... loved it!


Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford!
Sandra Bullock looked absolutely radiant
in this stunning Marchesa


Rheese Witherspoon, looked beautiful for the 2006 Oscars,
 in her 1955 vintage Dior dress that once belonged
 to a princess

WOW!  what a difference a year makes...
Reese, 2007, newly divorced in this
divine purple Nina Ricci


Fabulous in this John Galliano for Christian Dior in
2007

Nicole won more than the Oscar in 2003
in this elegant and timeless
Jean Paul Gaultier

Again John Galliano created this amazing knitted dress with the most
beautiful back for Kate Blanchett in 1999

Anne Hathaway dazzled in this Armani Prive in 2009

One of my favourites, Marion Cotillard, in
Jean Paul Gaultier looked like a mermaid!

Penelope Cruz looked impeccable in this blush
Atelier Versace gown in 2007

Last but definitely not least, my all time favourite Oscar dress... maybe it's the romance of it... here is Michelle Williams with Heath Ledger looking so beautiful, so in love... I guess we all now the ending but at least that year, 2006, they had the fairy tale...


Both looked so amazing...

Not many people can wear yellow and red lips!

Michelle looking perfect in Vera Wang

I hope you liked my favourite Oscar dresses, now for next year!

Chat soon!

Hxx

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos...like all dresses...looking awesome in white dresses...

    Online shopping for sarees and dresses
    http://www.unnatisilks.com

    ReplyDelete